This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The day is getting close


You were supose to leave 2 days ago and because of a volcano we get to spend a couple of extra days with you. I do not think it has totally hit me yet. When the lady at the ice cream shop asked if you would deploy soon and I responded within hours I think it began to hit me. I want to hold you close yet I know I am in the stage where I hit I am scared to be close. I want to take a million pictures of you to remind me of you when you are not here.
I am already doing the what is he doing questions, I wonder what you will be doing what you will be seeing, who you will be working with. Are you sleeping okay. Do you have Diet Pepsi? I want to promise you that we are okay, we are strong and we are keeping busy. We can not wait to hear from you but understand you may or may not have access to internet or a phone soon.
I love you,
Pamela D. Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment