This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Letters and dreams


I have that old feeling today. My boys are off camping with the youth group today and the girls are playing and I just have this lonely or sad kind of feeling. As I set here I am reminded of what deployment feels like. I had a dream last night. I dreamed I visited Rob in Iraq. It was so weird, he said he slept in bunkers with 2 men to a bunker. They looked like our dog house only bright yellow. They had no doors and inside there was no light just 2 beds. I asked where I would sleep and he said in a basement he thought but that there was a football team visiting so he did not know where I would go. He took me to the PX which was weird. You walk into a building and there is a long hallway with doors and each door was a different kind of store. I realized while we were talking that I had forgot to make sure Michael was taken care of and I had no way of contacting him to tell him. I remember thinking Michael has never been left alone over night and I did not make enough bread to last while I was gone. I remember looking around and seeing the bob wire and the humvee’s. I remember thinking Man, this I really what it is like. I remember that there was another lady there which I thought was weird. I know her from church and her husband is not in the military. When I woke up I told Rob about it because I never remember my dreams. But I cannot get this one out of my head today. Rob leaves this week, I will not say what day because that would not be safe but please continue to pray as he heads out. If you want his address please e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment