This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Monday, July 26, 2010



Dear Rob,
Before I forget I have to tell you something. Every time I try to use my IPHONE and write I love Rob or Rob is doing okay it changes your name to Ron. I promise I do not love Ron. Sorry, I thought you needed this laugh.
We had a good day, busy day but a good day. I offered to make eggs and sausage for Kim’s kids and they said no thank you they would prefer pop tarts. Easy enough! They brought a HUGE Hershey bar with them. So I put it in the food processor and made chocolate chip cookies. I have to be honest and say these are now my favorite cookies. Then I let the girls use my sewing machine and taught them how to make tote bags. Then I dropped them off. We really had a good weekend. They slept all over the house. I am sending you a picture of the boys at the movies with their DS’s in hand. All weekend every time I heard them talk to one another I could not help but think of you and their dad. They are so much like you guys.
After I dropped them off I took our kids and went to Sam’s. I picked up pancake mix and trash bags. Can you believe this is the first time we have had to buy trash bags in over 5 months. Something weird did happen at Sam’s. Michael went to look at games while I ordered dinner. When he got back to the table he said his hand hurt. He had tripped over his own feet and fell doing a flip flop on the ground. He put his hand down to break his fall and when he did he hurt it. I do not think it is broken. He has scratches on the side of his face but they look old. We got in the van and he got really quiet. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was tired and his hand hurt. I had him soak it in Epsom salt when we got home. Then he got a attitude with me and angry with me. He has not done this in a while so I sent him to bed and within minutes he was asleep. I have to admit this kind of worries me. I really think I will make him a appointment to make sure he is ok.
The silly cat got out again this evening. I have to tell you this is twice today and it is ticking me off. I told the kids I am tired of chasing after her.
We are home all day tomorrow and I cannot wait to talk to you. I miss us being able to talk on line. The kids are doing well, I have not told them when you are coming home. I have said about 5 more fencing classes. I cannot wait to have a real time line (side note to blog readers, I will let you know when he is coming home after he is already back on U.S. soil).
I love you babe but I am going to climb into bed. I really want to spend the day straightening up and deep cleaning tomorrow.
Pamela PETRIE

No comments:

Post a Comment