This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Dear Rob,
I promise to post pictures tomorrow. I have not been very good about taking pictures this week.
We had a great day. We straightened up some. The lady called who looked at the kitten the other day. She met me and picked up the last orange kitten. So the only thing left is the female that looks like mom. Both mom and baby are in rare form tonight. I should be taking pictures.
I am so glad you got moved into your new location and are safe. I hate when you are moving around. Today I was talking to a friend about how they do the notification call. It was weird talking about it. I also admitted to her that the first thing I do in the mornings before turning on lights is check to make sure there are no cars in our drive way. I know it is crazy but you know I like to be prepared and I have told myself I need to know before the door bell ring which is silly.
Darcy and the girls came over for dinner. I should have taken pictures but forgot. I made chicken alfredo and green beans and then made brownies with ice cream. I forgot I had ordered krispy kreme donuts from her daughter. Can you guess what I am eating in the morning?
When the girls were playing outside they decided to not play with Grace. So the punishment is that Grace is sleeping with me and staying up until I go to sleep. Grace is so excited to be able to sleep with me.
We got our water bill today, it was $29. That is pretty good if I do say so. We also got a $513 bill from Emergency services. The bill is from when Michael got hurt on the trampoline last month. So I have to return in paperwork to them about our insurance. On a good note we got our new mortgage statement and it looks like our house payment is going down $30 this year. There is one more money issue to think about. Michael wants to start fencing again. I called a local club and it is only $70 a month. It is downtown which means about a 30 minute drive. I am willing to do it. Anything to get him motivated is good with me. Faith really wants to take it with him. She would be in a separate class. I do not know. Think about it and let me know.
We have no plans tomorrow other than to work on breakfast for Sunday at church. I am making sausage biscuits and egg muffins and a truffle that will be red, white and blue. I also am tempted to make some fun cupcakes but we will see. I may even take watermelon. They said they think there will only be about 40 people there.
I love you babe and cannot wait to hear from you. I wonder if you will have better internet there. Okay, I guess I need to go get in bed with little wiggle worm. Wish me luck.
Love ya babe,
Pamela PETRIE

No comments:

Post a Comment