This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dear Rob,
Have you ever thought about how formal that sounds. Dear Rob, I would prefer to say Hey babe, or Hey sexy or man of my dreams or on a bad day I could say Hey knucklehead. What do you think?
Before I forget a wonderful blogger friend at All things beautiful said thank you on her blog. It almost made me cry that someone would think about you.
We had a good day. I woke up at 5am to finish cooking for church. Then we headed to church. The food worked out great. I made sausage and cheese biscuits, plain biscuits, watermelon, grapes, strawberries and blueberries, and a red white and blue truffle. It seems like something else but I can not remember.

After church we came home and relaxed until the phone rang. It was one of the ladies who took a kitten. She said it is not getting along with her dog and that she was bringing it to me. So we are back to two kittens. I am going to re post them on craiglist tonight. I think the kids have finally come to terms with them leaving.
I took the time this evening to straighten things up so we have less to do tomorow. I have got to get some sewing done tomorow.
Sorry I did not tell you about last night. We went to see fireworks with Roberta. Tim took the kids to ride on the rides while I set and talked to Roberta. I know it sounds silly but just that hour of setting there made me feel amazing. The kids had a great time. Hope says she met her best friend forever. This little girls carries around a bag of treasures. Who does that sound like? I looked over one time and they were holding hands. Some of Roberta's friends taught Michael how to play Rumi (how do you spell that card game).


Right now Grace is asleep and Faith is in bed, Michael is getting ready for bed and Hope is laying next to me with the massager. She is cracking me up.
I love you babe and can not wait to hear from you and know where you are moving to and when. I hate when you are moving around. I just want you home. Can you believe that this time next month you possibly could be in my arms?

No comments:

Post a Comment