This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dear Rob,
First I can not believe I almost forgot to write you tonight. It is 11:21pm and I am just walking in the door.
When I have a better signal I will tell you more about our day. We went to church this morning and then went back to your parents to have lunch. I honestly had a great time. I hated leaving them, we talked and talked and talked. And then I met Logie to talk and then went back to her house to talk. I so did not want to leave. I have really enjoyed talking to everyon.
So your mom and I decided tonight that we would go to the camper on Tuesday and come home on Thursday. Then leave for Columbus on Friday. This is going to be crazy busy and I am going to be crazy tired but so worth it. I can not wait to show you pictures and tell you about all the people at church. Yes, I got my butterscotch candy this morning. How he remembers what kind of candy I like is beyond me. I had a peppi for breakfast but think I will go back to a potato melt in the morning.
Did you notice I said I met Logie instead of we. The kids stayed with your mom and dad. Hope asked if she could and then Grace (who was setting in your dads lap) looked up at him and me too. I mean really how could they have said no. The kids had played dress up and were having a great time when I left.
I love you and miss not being able to talk to you or send you real letters or pictures. Maybe I will be able to get somewhere with good wireless this week.
I love you babe,
Pamela PETRIE

No comments:

Post a Comment