This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear Rob,
First let me say everything is okay and WOW. I can now breathe so I will tell you about our evening. Did I say everything is fine?
Michael has been interesting the last couple of days. I do not know what is going on. So this afternoon we were finishing math when Michael started telling me he could not concentrate. Finally I told him to go jump on the trampoline for 5 minutes. A couple of minutes later my phone rang. It was Michael; he was on the trampoline and screaming. I went running out there. He was face down on the trampoline screaming that he could not move. I talked to him for about 10 minutes wondering what to do. I finally decided it was more than anxiety (I do not know why I thought that since he has never had a anxiety attack before). So I called 911. The whole time I am trying to get shoes on the girls and get them outside. Trying to get the cat and dog locked in a room, make sure we are ready to run as soon as they get there. Trying to stay close to Michael as the cat sneaks out and I have to chase her, trying to stay close to Michael as the girls are now crying and worried. Trying to stay close to Michael as I hear sirens and then see a cat and a kitten is outside.
They come in and cut the netting to the trampoline and one gets on with him and cuts off his shirt. They did the whole scrape your foot and his foot did not move. He said he felt it but could not move his foot. Then I heard them say he had good reflexes. Faith got everyone shoes on and locked the doors. Then got everyone buckled in the van. As soon as they got him in the ambulance I went ahead and left because I know I could not follow them. We actually got to the hospital before them. They did a CT scan and said that it was clear. They said he has a closed head injury. She said that he could go home. There are lots of warning signs to watch for a brain bleed but they think he is okay. They said he just jolted his system which is why it hurt to move anything. He walked out of the hospital just fine.
I did ask the nurse if she thought this could have been a anxiety attack and she said NO. He is okay now and in bed. I will check on him every couple of hours throughout the night.
I love you babe, please know we are okay. Everyone handled it better than I would have thought. Roberta came to the house to set with the girls. I took the girls with me to the ER and then Kim picked them up and brought them home. Roberta even folded my laundry while I was gone.
They gave Michael a shirt to wear home. We are home now and everyone is in bed. I love you. I am going to lay down on the couch for a couple of hours.
I love you babe,

No comments:

Post a Comment