This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Rob,
I love you, I do not know what is going on but I hardly have a voice. I think it is because I am beyond tired. I made the mistake of staying up until after midnight and then woke up at 6am. Hope came to our bed at some point. She told me this morning that it was okay because she did not torture me. I do not know what you call kicking me all night.
I got the tires rotated today. I was impressed they got done so quickly. He did say I had a tire that was almost flat. OOPs, I need to pay closer attention.
Guess what? When I was leaving to go shopping I asked Michael if he wanted shorts. He said no and then said “what will you give me if I wear shorts?” I said you get two things; first you will not die of heat exhaustion when we are at the park and second you will not look silly for being the only person in jeans on a 100 degree day. He said okay you can get me a couple of pairs. So I picked him up 2 pairs of shorts and brought them home. He tried them on and they were too small. So we instantly left and took them to exchange them. He tried 38’s and they fell off him. So he tried on 36’s and they fit great. Crazy I know.
I got the girls new tennis shoes today. Can you believe your nine year old little girl is wearing a size 8 woman’s shoe? I could not believe it.
I love you babe and can not wait to talk to you again.
Love you babe,
Pamela PETRIE

No comments:

Post a Comment