This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dear Rob,
We have had a great day. We went to Fuquay to the thrift shop and got some amazing deals. I got some great deals. I got something for you for our anniversary. All I will say is it will go in the back yard. I know you will be thrilled. Hope found this you horse that is about a foot tall. She spent $15 on the silly thing. Since she never spends her money I was willing to let her spend the money. They have a new store right next door to the big one. It is called little Angels.
We also stopped at the thrift store next to our house. I wish I would have taken more time to look around. They had all clothing for 50 cents a piece. The girls each got a pair of high heels which they lived in the rest of the afternoon.
We came home and relaxed. I got all the laundry put away and the suitcases unloaded. I have a few more things to hang up tonight and then we will be back to normal.
I got dishwasher soap made today. I think I made enough for about a month.
I love you. It has meant the world to me to be able to talk to you recently.
Oh yeah, I paid a stranger to weed eat and mow. He came by and asked if he could clean out the gutters and I said no but I need things weed eat. He was going to trim the bushes but I did not know where our hedge trimmers were and he did not have one. Do we own hedge trimmers?
Michael has counseling in the morning and I have to say I am looking forward to it. He has started picking the last week and it is stressing me. Yesterday when we were in BK a complete stranger came up to us and asked if he had infected mosquito bites. I was glad he did was willing to offer help but upset that it is so obvious. I do not know why but I wanted to explain that he picks and what that means. After counseling I am taking mom to a couple more thrift shops and then coming home.
I wish you could see these kittens. They are wild now. It is like I went away for a week and they grew up and became fun. Now that they are fun it is time to get rid of them. Yesterday I came home and they had pulled the table cloth of the kitchen table which meant they pulled off a brand new candle and broke it.
I love you babe and can not wait to talk to you soon. I love you
Pamela PETRIE

No comments:

Post a Comment