This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dear Rob,
I am sorry; you do not deserve me being so snippy with you this morning. We rarely get to talk and when we do you should have me at my best. It is not your fault the toilet is not flushing and the sink is not draining and the steam mop is not working and the hard drive broke or that I am PMS’sing and that I hate having a cycle because it means I am not pregnant (I know we are not even trying).
All you were doing was trying to talk me through how to fix things and I was to snippy to listen. You were right the hard drive is bad and Bob Jones University is sending out another one. It should be here in a couple of days.
Please know if you come on tomorrow I will be in a much better mood even if the garage door is being wonky and the lawn looks like a 2 year old cut it and the back alarm keeps beeping and Grace cries for no reason.
We had a good day, we managed to get school done and Michael even finished mowing the front yard before we left for his appointments. I have to admit I almost left before testing could even start. I walked into the building and the smell of cigarette smoke about knocked you over. The girls would not be quiet about it. Then they said we actually had two appointments and when I questioned it they got snippy about it. In the end I got over my attitude. The head DR apologized for the smell and explained he is 68 and has always smoked and that is why his office is upstairs. He said he knew it was wrong. I told him it is not my right to judge him But that my 4 year old will have a asthma attack tonight from being exposed to his smoke. I wanted him to understand it is his right to smoke but that a DR office should be safe. He told me that tri care only pays for a 6 part test and we need a 12 part. After talking to the receptionist I found out that he does not believe in charging for anything other than what the insurance will pay. He told me that he wants Michael to come back for some more in depth testing and then showed me a video on Asperser’s. I told him it was Michael to a T and that is what I have thought for a while. They did not have another appointment until June 21st. Which is annoying, it should NOT take 3 months. He said they are backed up because it is the end of the school year and every parent wants IEP’s done now. I was annoyed but what can I do. Maybe they will get a cancellation.
We left there and went to counseling, by this time the girls were done with waiting rooms and getting antsy. They made it. Counseling went well. Then we went to the commissary to pick up a few things which turned into several things.
We had to stop and pick up cat food after that because the commissary did not have any kitten food. We made it home, ate dinner, put away the cold food and now everyone is in bed and hopefully asleep.
Did I tell you one day last week the kids found a birds nest in the bush right by the van. Michael stole a egg and hid it in his room, Hope told on him so he put it in the trash, Hope put it back in the nest. I am attaching a picture of the new babies. It looks like there are two or three babies. I will continue to take pictures to show you.
Okay baby I better go I need to call ADT and figure out why the back alarm keeps going off. I love you and beg you to forgive me for my craziness today.
Love you babe,
Pamela PETRIE

No comments:

Post a Comment