This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Rob,
What a wonderful day. First you are on line and can talk me through fixing the computer and then Michael went for blood work and did not lose it. Counseling went great and thinks we can test some new things out.
We came home and I crashed. Did I tell you Michael woke me up at 3:30 this morning and I have not been back to sleep. The kids are in bed now. We are going strawberry picking in the morning. The kids are excited. It is the end of the season so I think we will get a few things of strawberries and freeze them. Or maybe make smoothies for a couple of days.


I made spaghetti for dinner and I do not know why but it tasted better than normal. I am glad I doubled it for tomorrow. I bought garlic bread at Wal-Mart tomorrow and if I can go back tomorrow I will buy a bunch more. It looks like fresh bread but says you can freeze it.
Have I told you I love you today? I really do and cannot wait for you to be home. The kids loved using the web cam with you today. I wish Grace understood more. I forget this is the first deployment she will understand.
Can I tell you that I cried in the lab this morning when I saw Michael had really let them get blood? I am going to Sam’s tomorrow and will pick up things to send you. I hate that you have been gone so long without a care package.
I got a little nervous this evening the cat went on the rampage against the dog. He was just setting next to Hope. I do not know what was going on. I did get new kitten pictures today. I will try to take them out tomorrow and take better pictures. They are so stinking cute and I love when they hiss at me.
Okay, I know you do not care but I have to tell you that you can now fish on farm town. The kids think it is funny that I fish.

Okay I love you but I am going to go work on pillow case dress for Grace. I volunteered to make some to send to kids in Africa. I do not know all the details but figure I better make sure I can do it quickly before it starts.
Good night babe, Pamela PETRIE

1 comment:

  1. Let me know about the site for the pillowcase dresses!!! I just made one last night for the first time!!!!

    ReplyDelete