This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dear Rob,
Thank you for coming on line today. Thank you for needing me today. I feel so much better when I know I am helping you. I think that is one of the hardest things about deployment. The fact that I cannot help you is hard, I feel useless in our marriage when you are away. I am not washing your clothes or making sure your food is here or that you are hugged daily. Today you needed me and that made my world.
I am glad you are getting a little more rest now that makes me feel better. We had a great done. We were done with school by 1pm and I got little sewing done. We decided we are taking the day off school tomorrow and going to the zoo. The kids promised to do school on Saturday. Would you believe Michael’s hard drive arrived this afternoon. I could not believe I called yesterday and it was here today. Have I said I love BJU.
I cannot wait to go to the zoo and use my new lens. Can you believe it is Memorial Day weekend? Can you remember last year? Tomorrow starts the first time I took you to get your leg drained. If you think about it will you send me a picture of the scar on your leg, I would love to do a before and after picture.
I love you babe but if I am going to wrestle with four children at the zoo I better get to bed. I want to leave here at 7am to get on the road. I love you.
I love you babe,
Pamela Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment