This blog is a collections of letters my children and I are writting to my husband about his most recent deployment. Please note that dates are being changed to follow OPSEC rules and keep my hero safe. Please feel free to write a note to him in the comments. When he has internet he will check in, when he does not I will print them out and send them to him.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good evening Babe,
I love you so much. I wish you were here with us today. We went strawberry picking. We picked 3 buckets since I know that the season is almost over. I am going to freeze a bunch tomorrow. They had smoothies for dinner. They looked beautiful.
I did not get pictures of the kittens today but guess what the one that looks most like mama is coming out from under the bed now. I will get pictures tomorrow.
Okay, because you know I always have my act together when you are gone I am going to show you a picture of us at Wal-Mart tonight. Do you see what is wrong in the picture?
I did get dishwasher soap made this evening. Tomorow I have got to make bread.
I love you and hope you are on line in the morning to talk to. I cannot wait to tell you how the girls did in the strawberry fields today.


The girls asked me today if we were in the Army what would my rank be, I said President. She said ooh you would be president and dad would be Chief.
Good night babe,
Pamela Petrie

6 comments:

  1. Dear Hero...

    I know Pam calls you her hero...but I want to let you know that you are mine too. I am incredibly grateful and unbelievably proud of the soldiers...YOU...that protect our freedoms.

    I will pray for your protection and safety...and I will continue to reserve a very special place in my heart for those that sacrifice so much for USA.

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so very much for being such an amazing and brave American that you serve this great country in our Armed Forces. My father and husband both served, and I was raised with a deep respect and love for those, like you, who dedicate there everything to protection of country.

    Praying for your safety, for all those serving, and for the families back home waiting for their loved ones to return. May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too would like to say THANK YOU for all that you do and for the sacrifices that you and your family make to protect and serve us. We are very grateful to have such wonderful men and women go out and protect our freedoms and out families.
    We pray for your safe return to your family and that your family may be richly blessed for your service. God Bless you. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would like to say Thank You! I am the daughter, grand-daughter, and sister of soldiers! I know all to well the "hurt" of deployment and how it affects a family. So Thank You for being willing to sacrifice everything you have for us! I am so proud to "know" so many brave soldiers!

    Praying for you and your family! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your hero and everyone else in harms way, far from family and loved ones. May the days be full and busy until your return and may your heart be whole and warm, knowing that you are wrapped in prayer by many grateful folks at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I was so happy to be invited to leave a comment for you. We are also a military family, although my husband hasn't been deployed too often. Our family definitely appreciates your sacrifice and will pray for your safety. We also appreciate your wife and kids' sacrifice. I know it's hard for you to miss so much of their lives. I pray the time will fly by for you and your family and you'll be safely back in their arms before you know it!

    ReplyDelete